Enhance your tastebuds with this unique North African style dish. Add bold and flavorful sausage crumbles paired with an authentic and savory Shakshuka style tomato sauce, green peppers, onions, light shredded Manchego cheese, and garnished with parsley.
Shakshuka Flatbread Ingredients
Shakshuka Sauce (see sub-recipe)
Onions, thinly sliced
Manchego Cheese, shredded
Parsley, flat leaf, rough chopped
Shakshuka Sauce Ingredients
Yellow Onion, medium, diced, ¼”
Red Bell Pepper, seeded and diced ¼”
Garlic Cloves, fresh, minced or micro-planed
Paprika (regular, smoked, or spicy)
Fire Roasted Diced Tomato, canned
Salt and Pepper
Fresh Cilantro, chopped
Fresh Parsley, chopped
- Place the shakshuka sauce on the flatbread crust followed by the manchego cheese, onions, peppers, and chorizo crumbles.
- Convection Oven - Preheat oven to 375°F and cook until flatbread is bubbly and golden.
- Once flatbread is out of the oven garnish with parsley.
DIRECTIONS for Shakshuka Sauce:
- In a large pan, sauté the peppers and onions with olive oil until translucent.
- Add garlic and spices and cook an additional minute.
- Pour tomatoes and liquid into the pan. Season with salt and pepper and bring the sauce to a simmer. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, stir in the cilantro and parsley, hold warm and covered.
More about this item
Fully cooked and gluten free Jimmy Dean® Formed Pork Sausage Patties are made with a unique, proprietary blend of seasonings and spices, using only premium USDA inspected cuts of pork with no artificial fillers to deliver the best flavor and bite. Enjoy ultimate versatility in menu applications and flavor possibilities, as well as reduced food safety risks with the excellent, trusted quality of Jimmy Dean® brand.