Crispy/Smokey – BACON in a soft steamed bao bun with sliced mini cucumbers, hoisin sauce, wasabi mayo, black sesame seeds with a crunchy Asian slaw
Bao Buns, steamed
Black Sesame Seeds
Asian Slaw (including Nappa Cabbage, carrots)
Cucumber, mini’s, 1/16” rounds
- Thaw the Bacon overnight in refrigerator.
- Pre heat convection oven to 425F
- Lay half the Bacon slices flat on a sheet pan in a single layer then cook for 10-12 minutes or until crispy. Cut in half and reserve warm.
- On a small square of parchment paper or wax paper, placed the steamed bao buns.
- Smear approx. ¼ tsp across the bottom of the bun.
- Top each with ¾ oz. of an Asian inspired slaw.
- Shingle out 3 cucumber slices, drizzle with tasted sesame mayo and garnish with black sesame seeds