BBQ Chicken Nachos
(Recipe approved by the students of Orange Co.)
Crispy corn tortilla chips topped with BBQ sauced All-Natural Pulled Chicken, fresh Pico de Gallo and melty white queso.
BBQ Chicken Nachos
Tyson® All-Natural* Pulled Chicken, #10460210928, Thawed
Green Bell Pepper
Red Bell Pepper
1 1/3 Tbsp.
Ground Cayenne Pepper
White Cheese Sauce
Round Tortilla Chips (16 chips per serving)
- Thaw chicken under refrigeration one day before service.
- Preheat convection over to 350°F High Fan
- Weigh BBQ sauce and place in a 4-inch hotel pan. Cover sauce with plastic wrap and place in pre heated combi for 10 minutes or until sauce reaches 135F. Hold in warmer until ready for use.
- Weigh and wash all produce. Use cutting glove and Robot Coupe 5 3/16 dicing blade. Dice onions, green pepper and red pepper.
- Weigh chicken. In a mixing bowl combine chicken with diced vegetables, seasonings and oil. Mix well to coat all product with spices.
- Transfer chicken onto lined and sprayed sheet pan. Cook chicken mixture as follows: Place in pre-heated convection oven at 350F for20 minutes or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165F.
- Pour chicken mixture into warm BBQ sauce and mix to thoroughly coat.
- Hold in warmer until ready for assembly.
Preparing Cheese Sauce
- Preheat combi steamer to 212°F
- Place bag of cheese sauce inside hotel pan and steam at 212F for 10-15 minutes or until sauce reaches 145F.
- Remove cheese sauce from steamer, open bag and weigh amount of sauce needed into pan.
- Cover with plastic wrap.
- Hold in warmer until ready to serve at 135F and higher.
To Build Nachos:
- Rough chop cilantro. Set aside for garnish
- Portion BBQ Chicken mixture into side bowl using a 3-ounce spoodle
- Using 1-ounce spoodle drizzle cheese sauce on top.
- Top with chopped cilantro, cover with lid, and place in warmer until service.
- Serve with bag of tortilla chips.
- Offer with Pico de Gallo and/or lettuce and tomato cup as indicated by menus.