1. Sanitize work area with bleach & water solution.
2. Wash hands.
3. Put on food service gloves.
4. Place wire rackson sheet pans lined with baking paper.
5. Place the onion rolls cut side up on the wire racks.
6. Portion 3-1/4-ounce piles of the thawed roast beef slices into 2" deep hotel pans. Do not overlap the piles as this will prevent easy portioning. Cover the hotel pans with foil.
7. Place the hotel pans, with the portioned roast beef, into a preheated 350°F convection oven or a 375°F standard oven. Heat the roast beef to a minimum internal temperature of 145°F, for approximately 10-12 minutes. Record temperature on temperature log sheet.
8. Lightly spray the cut sides of the onion rolls with nonstick cooking spray. Place the onion rolls into a preheated 350°F convection oven, 375°F standard oven, and lightly toast, approximately 2-3 minutes. Record temperature on temperature log sheet.
9. Heat the cheddar cheese sauce in a saucepot over low heat to a minimum of 145°F, approximately 15-20 minutes, stirring constantly. Record temperature on temperature log sheet.
10. Place the hot cheddar cheese sauce in an appropriate container and cover with plastic wrap.
11. *Hold in warmer-keep the sliced roast beef, onion rolls and cheddar cheese sauce at a minimum internal food temperature of 140°F.
12. To build the Classic Beef & Cheddar Melt place 1 pile of warm roast beef (approx. 3-1/4-ounces) on the bottom half of the onion roll. Top the roast beef with a 1/2-ounce of the cheddar cheese sauce. Place the top half of the onion roll atop the cheddar cheese sauce.
13. Keep the warm sandwiches on sheet pans and place into the warmer, loosely covered until ready for service.
14. *Hold in warmer-keep Classic Beef & Cheddar Melts at a minimum internal food temperature of 140°F.
15. *Record temperature of product on temperature log sheet.
16. Serve the Classic Beef & Cheddar Melt with a gloved hand or tongs. 1 Classic Beef & Cheddar Melt per serving.